- We worship other gods. We put those “gods” before Him.
- We worship false gods.
- We take the name of the Lord in vain.
- We don’t keep the Sabbath Day holy.
- We don’t honour our mother and our father.
- We murder.
- We commit adultery.
- We steal.
- We lie.
- We covet.
- Actors/actresses, professional sports/athletes, money, power, greed, idleness, motivational speakers, ourselves, video games, government or government officials, spirituality, people of power, etc.
- Phones/computers, statues, pictures, carvings, Christmas trees, to which we even offer our “gifts,” idols (see some above), holidays, etc.
- Not revering the name of the Lord, using His name out of context or very loosely, not honouring His name, etc.
- Buying, selling, working or making others to work when it is not needful, attending movies or sports, partaking in excessive laughter, etc.
- Cursing our parents, talking ill of them, disregarding their voices, etc.
- Wishing ill death upon another person, hatred in our hearts, playing video games where we are “killing” others, etc.
- Lusting after others with our eyes and our hearts, partaking of video games where we are doing the same, watching movies/television which are not appropriate, etc.
- Not being honest if too much change was given in return, plagiarism, taking “extras” from work, keeping a borrowed item with no intent to return, etc.
- Little “white” lies, lie to cover something up, lie to not hurt someone’s feelings, lie to not get in trouble, lie to boost ourselves up, lie to prevent embarrassment or shame, etc.
- Heavily desire what other’s have, not being content with our own abundance, believing everyone else has it better, easier, etc.
Alma 21:18 …for the Lord can not look upon sin with the least degree of allowance.
DC 1:5f for I the Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance; nevertheless, he that repents and does the commandments of the Lord shall be forgiven;